Monday, July 4, 2022
HomeNewsVolunteering with Metro Land Council

Volunteering with Metro Land Council

CEO Nathan Moran offers an insight into the valuable roles needed to assist with causes pertaining to social justice, land rehabilitation and protection of Indigenous cultural heritage. “Our intention is to seek out individuals with skills to work with Land Council and assist us with our programs and activities that we simply can’t fully achieve within our existing resources,” he said.

For the record, 99 per cent of the Metro Land Council Assets are land assets and the remaining 1 per cent is liquid cash, which pays a skeletal body of staff. Volunteers will be rewarded with respect, a supportive and inclusive working environment and an official Statement of Service. If you are a university student with compulsory work placement units, Metro Land Council will provide you with a written testimony for your contributions.

Mr Moran further explained: “We have an enormous opportunity for people with skills to come and assist us in the areas of well-being, cultural heritage, administration and conservation.” In particular, students or professionals with skills in the fields of conservation, business administration and/or law are encouraged to apply. There are weekday and weekend shifts available, which will cater for your needs.

At the end of the day, as citizens of this nation, we are obliged to protect and preserve our heritage. The Metro Land Council (located at 36-38 George St, Redfern) is the most influential body for Indigenous justice in Sydney. With your assistance, its capacity will grow.

- Advertisment -spot_img
- Advertisment -spot_img

Related

Waterloo’s Anna Stephens wins third place in major opera scholarship

Anna Stephens from Waterloo has been awarded third place against seven young talented operatic hopefuls singing in the 2022 Sydney Eisteddfod’s prestigious Opera Scholarship Final in June.

Fleur loves flamenco